Thursday, October 20, 2011

Under The Weather

Today is my first "early" post.  It's 3;30 pm my time and I find myself with nothing much to do.  Ray wasn't here at the house when I got here to work in the office, so I have been doing a lot of reading and praying and catching up on West Coast news.  I'm not feeling very good today.  My gut is sour, my head feels too big for my shoulders, and I have been coughing all morning.  I really don't want to be dealing with illness, of any variety!  I find it quite interesting that it comes on the day that I'm sitting down to prepare for tomorrow night and what I'm going to say to these kids.  Ray told me last night there is a good chance I'm flying solo tomorrow with the kids.  He said Sarah will be there as a helper, but that it will be my gig.  I'm really excited, actually.  My heart's desire is that the kids will show up, and that they can focus, even if it's for 10 minutes :)  I know that can be hard! 

Ray has been gone most of the day, and it's been a learning day for me.  The time he has been here has been quite productive.  I have gotten to interract with New Jersey's sales tax automated system and did the sales tax calculation for Ray and his book keeper who is out of town.  After two phone calls to him, and way too many pushed buttons later, I have come to the conclusion I never want to be a CPA.  Thank you, Lord, for letting me check that one off my list.  Sheesh!  I got it done though, so it's out of the way.  I helped ray get a couple landscaping contract bids typed up and ready to roll, and now I'm going to do some accounts receivable entries.  It's a quiet house, just me, so it's a good chance for me to pray while I'm doing the work.  It's not mindless, but it's not rocket science, either.  Nancy, I'm sure you can relate :)  I have an new appreciation for what you do, and if I haven't said it before, thank you for taking care of our books at church! 

I also have had the opportunity to talk to my sweet cousin Emily today.  Those of you who know what's going on in her life, please continue to pray for her.  She is such a courageous young woman, and I am so proud of her for the stand she is making.  It's hard when you feel like you are all alone in the world.  She is amazing, and thank you to those of you to have reached out to her to encourage her.  You have no idea how much it means to me, and I know it means the world to her.  Remember that Jesus said as you do it to the least, you do it to Him.  Thank you for being the hands and feet of Jesus to a hurting girl!  May God richly bless you!

I'll update ya'll later on what I'm teaching on tomorrow.  It will have to do with hope and courage.  Should be good....cuz' after all, God is good :)  Love you guys! Please pray for my body!  Whatever this is needs to be gone in Jesus name!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment