Sunday, October 9, 2011

Glorious Day, I'm PACKED!!!

I hate packing!  I love to travel, but I loathe the chore of packing.  Thank you, Paul, for the use of your space saver bags!  I am now a huge fan.  I packed 9 t-shirts, 4 pair of jeans, 1 pair of kakhis (or however you spell that color), 3 pull-over hoodies, 2 zip-up hoodies, 1 jacket, 1 pair of ski pants, 3 long sleeve shirts, 5 pair of underwear, 6 pair of socks, 3 pair of shorts, 2 pair of warm ups, and 2 pair of pj pants, a pair of boots and a pair of tennis shoes in ONE duffel bag that I can pick up left handed without throwing my hip into it.  BOOM!! I'm AMAZING!  Thank you, Bed Bath and Beyond for having great coupons, and thank you, Paul for shopping there.  Without them, I'd be wearing the same 4 outfits for the whole 6 weeks, and I'd likely still be spinning my wheels over which outfits I was taking.  Now I just have to remember to toss in the toiletries bag on Wednesday morning, and to toss a change of clothes into my carry on in case my luggage gets lost, and I am SET! (No, I'm not speaking that evil over myself, just going prepared!)


I don't know if I mentioned it already, but my plane flies out of PDX @ 7:15 a.m. on Wednesday.  The next few days will be mostly a blur with food appointments tossed in here and there with great people.  I have a few appointments that I am obligated to with medical professionals, and then the rest is just hanging out with people I love before I go. So, this will be the last time I'm on here before I go. Please be praying I don't pick up any creeping crud (viruses) on the flight over!  My poor system seems to be vulnerable to that kind of stuff, and I'd rather NOT be dealing with sickness to start my trip off.  Oh, and a place to stay would be good too!  I have a place for the first 3 days :)  Beyond that is still in the air.  No joke.  But God knows, and He is good, so I'll trust Him.  Thanks, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment