Friday, February 17, 2012

Got Some Catching Up To Do

I didn't realize that I last posted on here Dec. 15!!  So much for "every couple weeks" for updates.  I apologize!  Life has been hectic and unfortunately, this took a back burner.  However, for those of you that have been following, praying, and supporting this ministry that Ray has going, I want to make sure I give periodic updates! 

Ray is busy, as always.  He has some irons in the fire to get some help with the ministry in Staten Island through Edge Impact Inc, which is the non-profit that he started in an attempt to extend his ministry beyond Staten Island, Lord willing. He has a couple churches that are interested in stepping up, as well as the possibility of the college Ray attends starting an internship for credit type program designed specifically to help Ray.  Ray is excited, but stuff like this takes time and a lot of logistics planning, so please continue to pray for him.

Aaron has fallen off the map.  I have talked to him on Facebook a couple of times in the last couple months, but he has not been coming to youth meetings since I left, with maybe one exception.  He hasn't communicated with Ray as to why that has happened, so please, be praying that Aaron would come back.  He's around, just disconnected.  I believe God will use Aaron in huge ways within that ministry and to help Ray.  He's just young in his faith and battling "the flesh man."  With time and prayer, I believe he will come back around.

Jordan's family is in turmoil again, with her parents both wanting to separate.  Jordan is really torn because she loves them both and doesn't know whether to go with her mom or stay with her dad.  Jordan is a neat young lady with huge potential!  She is one I saw struggle most with not becoming a product of her environment.  I talk to her about once or twice a week, so I am pretty well appraised of what is going on with her.  Pray for healing and reconciliation for her parents and for that family on the whole.  Not sure about the salvation of her parents, so the safe thing is to pray for their salvation until it's established, right? :)

I am tentatively planning to go back to that area the end of March if my thumb will cooperate.  There is still a possibility I will require another surgery on it, and if that's the case, it will be around the end of March.  There is wiggle room, obviously, but not a ton.  It probably won't be another 6 week trip, but I am hoping for a couple weeks so I can reconnect with the kids and help Ray some more.  I got an email from Ray of a list of names and backgrounds for each of the kids that is or has been in the VanBuren youth group.  I will be posting that after I edit it.  Please commit to pray for these kids by name.  If you want me to email you a copy of the list, let me know.  My email is firefighterspeedo@gmail.com

You guys are amazing.  Thanks for your prayers and support of this ministry!  It is making an impact for eternity!  Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment